Maria represents clients from various sectors in litigation and arbitration. Her practice encompasses in parallel a wide range of corporate and commercial law work law, including negotiating and drafting of corporate and commercial agreements of diverse types, such as joint ventures, share purchase, distribution and debt restructuring agreements. Maria’s this year’s litigation work includes the following:
- she is currently co-steering with Charalampos Kondis under the directions of partner Nicholas Moussas the civil litigation cases for Volkswagen AG and AUDI AG in relation to the diesel engines’ emission matter;
- she currently advises minority shareholders of a listed entity, operating as a System Integrator and Value-Added Solutions Provider, on the strategic exercise of minority rights aiming at influencing the company behavior to achieve enhancement of shares value and dividend optimization; exercise of such minority rights includes both court and out of court actions.
- she currently acts as counsel for the leading Greek EPC constructor Mytilineos Holdings (former METKA) in an ICC arbitration against an Algerian subcontractor in a dispute arising in the context of the execution of a major power plant project located in Algeria.
- she has been involved in the arbitration proceedings brought by Protergia and Korinthos power against DEPA S.A. and actively participated in the preparation for the hearing as well as for the post hearing submissions;
- she has acted as counsel for the leading Greek EPC constructor METKA in a complex multi-front case against an American/Italian software house concerning a dispute arising out of a malfunction of the control system supplied for a co-generation power plant, which included in parallel ICC arbitration proceedings and litigation before the Greek Courts; She further advised the client in relation to the global closing of this case in October 2017;
- she has been part of the team handling the Mytilineos – RTB Bor dispute while pending before the Greek Courts as well as the Mytilineos vs the Republic of Serbia ad hoc arbitration case, which were successfully concluded in 2017.
- she has been part of the legal team advising on the overall dispute between UBAF and METKA, which is currently pending before the Paris Courts;
She has been involved in Hellenic Hallyvourgia’s litigation cases and recently acted in preparing the client’s case in the context of proceedings before the Greek administrative courts against fines imposed under the Greek legal energy regulatory framework.
Maria speaks Greek, English, French and German.